Wildflower Comb Honey | PRE ORDER for the first harvest in 2021.
WIldflower Comb Honey is cut straight from the honey combs produced by the bees in the spring and summer months.
Raw Comb Honey
When people refer to raw honey this means honey that is left as the bees intended, unheated and not pasteurised. With comb honey, this is simply cut from the comb and is just as the bees left it so is in effect the most raw honey available.
Storing and Using Comb Honey
Comb honey is simply cut from the comb, and if it stays dry should last indefinately. Comb honey has after all been found in pharaohs tombs 2000 years old and reportedly still edible. Take this however with a pinch of salt, as with most things significant age doesn’t result in an increase in quality and with honey it is always best eaten as fresh as possible as honey doesn’t tend to get better with age, just the risks of storage issues can increase, for instance with raw honey if it gets moisture into it it can be more liable for a spontaneous fermentation to occur due to the natural yeasts and enzymes present. The same enzymes that carry all the benefits of honey!
If you want to further explore the benefits of using and eating honey please see the benefits of eating honey.
Therefore we recommend to keep the honey cool, and in a dry place. Even at room temperature honey can ferment, so the best thing to do is use the honey, rather than sitting on it for a long period of time! After all, when the honey is finished by the bees it is ready to eat, it doesn’t get better with age like a fine wine!
340g box – sealed for worry free shipping.
Honey and Our Beekeeping Ethos
- Produced by sustainable bees kept by Northumberland Honey Co.
- Pure and Natural.
- Cold extracted and coarsley filtered importantly retaining all the benefits of pure honey.
- Utmost traceability due to working to SALSA standards and 5 star environmental health rating.
- Beekeeping apprenticeship, in purchasing this soft set honey, you are actively supporting the next generation of beekeepers.
- Follow our beekeeping work on facebook.
Shipping and Packaging
- Upto 3 combs – Royal Mail will deliver these
- Over 3 combs will be sent by courier.
- Free delivery and free local delivery delivery or click and collect available, terms and conditions apply.
- All packaging is fully recyclable.
Discover More About Honey
- For full terms and condition please visit the terms and conditions page.